Webinar Food Security – Part 2 – Delivering Food Security In The UAE In A Covid-19 World
- Date 22 June 2020
- Time 11:00 - 12:00
More about event
After a successful first webinar on food security, The Netherlands Business Council UAE is happy to announce that in partnership with the Benelux Business Council Abu Dhabi, the Embassy and the Consulate General of the Kingdom of The Netherlands in the UAE, a second webinar on this essential subject will be held on Monday, 22 June at 11:00 am UAE time / 9:00 am Dutch time.
Food Security in the UAE in a Covid-19 World
Developments regarding the food supply chain, imports, logistics, storage, and strategic stocks.
The first food security webinar held on the 10th of May looked mainly at local production. During this second webinar, we will zoom in on the wider food supply chain. The aim is to provide insight into the recent developments in the UAE regarding food logistics, storage, strategic stocks, imports, and food safety and quality control. What are the focus points? Are there already lessons learnt? What are the business opportunities arising across the food supply chain? How have the companies participating in the panel discussion coped since the start of the COVID-19 crisis?
• Opening Stefanie Schachtschabel – Chairman Netherlands Business Council
• Keynote Lody Embrechts – Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
• Panel discussion – led by Gus Schellekens – Partner Climate Change and Sustainability Services EY
• Essa Al Ghurair, General Manager, Al Ghurair Resources LLC
• Paul Vrijhof, Strategy & Business Development, AD Ports
• Philippe van Meir, Director Middle East & Southern Asia, Air France KLM Cargo
• Mr. V. Nandakumar, Global Director Marketing & Communications, Lulu Group